Monday, March 2, 2009

Four Focus Spells

AIR

I call upon you, High Air of the East
Wind will envelop, all sound shall cease
Inward and outward, mist shall unfurl
Clarity of perception, O Protector of Pearl

I call upon you, High Air of the East
Swift from all corners, legion of beasts
Slip from their grasp, unleash your fierce bite
Diligent and agile, O Warrior of White

Blow, oh soft breeze, of east, of air
Clarify, perceive, brighten, lay bare
Bending, buoyant, persisting yet yielding
Inward, outward, billowing, sweeping

Wind, cloud, breeze and breath

EARTH

I call upon you, High Earth of the North
Mountain and forest, I summon you forth
Fullness of nature, foundation of stability
Reborn from the ashes, O Protector of Ebony

I call upon you, High Earth of the North
Stark and unyielding, forever henceforth
Cunning and wise, incognito attack
Silent and powerful, O Warrior of Black

Nurture, oh fertile ground, of north, of earth
Slow, deliberate, death and rebirth
Rooted, grounded, withstand, outlast
Solid of future, foundation of past

Forest, meadow, rock and path

WATER

I call upon you, High Water of the West
Baring of heart, armor divest
Erode all defenses, cleanse the impure
Heavy and mysterious, O Protector of Azure

I call upon you, High Water of the West
Rain down from the sky like the sun's evening crest
Barrage of a torrent, swift and true
Show might of passion, O Warrior of Blue

Flow, oh great sea, of west, of water
Loving friend, gentle lover
Adapting, flowing, heartfelt, pure
Ebb and flow, lift and lure

Ocean, river, rain and drink

FIRE

I call upon you, High Fire of the South
Rise up in confidence, like secrets from mouth
Dynamic and vital, bright like the sun
Show brilliance of urgency, O Protector of Vermilion

I call upon you, High Fire of the South
Burst forth from the depths of earth's open mouth
Bring forth your judgment, purification widespread
Hail fierceness, sow power, O Warrior of Red

Rise, oh high sun, of north, of fire
Passionate, untamed, full of desire
Warming, compelling, dynamic sensation
Spirit of vitality, heartbeat of creation

Lightning, flame, love and life